PM 1.0/2.5/10.0 dust monitor
Introduction to dust monitor
FORBIX SEMICON dust monitor machine is capable of measuring air pollution. The machine measures the dust concentration of particle size PM1.0, PM2.5, and PM10. The unit is μg/m³ (micrograms per meter cube). The range of reading is 0-1000 μg/m³. Every couple of seconds a new reading gets populated. The readings rotate in a round-robin fashion on the LCD. All the 3 readings show on the LCD as and when calculated. The sensing mechanism is accurate to a level of ±10%. The machine equips a high sensing LASER technology to sense the particle sizes. As a part of the design, there resides a sucking air fan that draws ambient air inside the sensing unit.
The factory advises not to keep the dust monitor continuously turned on. Once the readings are taken, the machine should be turned off. This improves the life or the dust monitor and the reliability with which it operates.
When not in used the dust monitor should stay in a clean and pollution-free space. This will keep the fan chamber clean, and hence increasing the life of the machine.
About the dust monitoring device sensing unit
Dust monitoring device used to check the air purifier functionality. The sensor located on the right side of the device. There is a fan located inside, that sucks in the ambient air. The dust monitor has a LASER based sensing mechanism. It can sense PM1.0/PM2.5 and even PM10.0, with the same machine. The dust monitoring device is a table-top sensing unit with LCD. It has provision to mount on the wall as well.
To turn on the machine, connect the DC jack to the adapter provided. Then plug in the adapter to the house mains power supply. The adapter is 110-220VAC to the 12VDC converter. It takes a booting time of around 5-10 seconds (before the 1st reading appears). Dimensions of the dust monitoring device: 180mm x 180mm x 30mm. LCD dimensions: 70mm x 55mm
Dust monitor variants
FORBIX SEMICON produces 4 varieties of dust monitors:
Model no: YellowFox-1 (FBXYF1)
FBXYF1T: lemon green / bluish white display (tabletop)
FBXYF1: handheld 4xAA battery operated
Both the above dust monitoring units are the same in functionality. They only differ in the LCD backlight color. The particulate matter measuring unit is μg/m³. Additionally, shows air quality in % ratio.
Following are the particle sizes (in μm):
- Particle Content Particle Size (in µm)
- Hair 50 – 150 µm
- Visible particles 50 µm
- Flu virus 0.07 µm
- Pollen 7 – 100 µm
- Sneeze particles 10 – 300 µm
- Dust 0.1 – 100 µm
- Bacteria 1.0 – 10 µm
Features of dust monitoring device:
- The dust monitoring device is a tabletop instrument that shows PM1.0/2.5/10.0 level (in μg/m³)
- The device displays the raw values and % of clean air
- It quantifies the PM level as GOOD, NORMAL, POOR and ALARM (as per the readings)
- A reliable tool to check the quality and functionality of air purifier operation in a room
- The dust monitoring device has an elegant display, designed to operate for 24×7
- It has the capability to display PM1.0/2.5/10.0 (particulate matter) readings
- The system needs no maintenance and no installation
- Type of sensor used: LASER
- Operating voltage: 12VDC (110-220VDC to 12VDC adapter provided along with)
- Accuracy level: ± 10 %
- The dust monitoring device designed for indoors. But it can also be stationed outdoors with weatherproof housing
Purpose and application of the dust monitor:
FORBIX SEMICON dust monitoring device sensor displays the reading with a ±10% error margin. After the use of an air purifier (from any brand), the readings drop. It gives a clear idea to the user about the functionality of the air purifier as well. The pollution level can vary from location to location in the same room. Variable heights also produce a change in the readings. Readings near the floors are much higher than those at 5-6 feet of height.
Applications of dust monitoring device:
- Checking how good the air cleaner or air purifier functioning
- Checking the cleanliness of the air conditioner
- Maintaining clean room conditions in hospitals, offices, schools, etc.